The Developer Evangelist will support and grow Tonic.ai’s community and footprint by engaging with engineering, DevOps, and data privacy professionals through content, conversations, events, and thought leadership. As the founding evangelist, this role will be highly rewarding to someone excited to architect a plan, experiment, and take ownership of their role.
As a Developer Evangelist, you will help Tonic.ai achieve its mission by connecting and engaging with developers and DevOps professionals managing the challenges of quality data access and provisioning for development and testing environments. You will share your experience and knowledge of Tonic.ai and other data generation/privacy technologies via conferences and meetups, written content, podcasts, social media, and beyond.
This role is an individual contributor role, leading the strategy and execution of developer relations and evangelism for Tonic.ai, reporting to the Head of Marketing and working remotely in the United States.
Great candidates should be excited to brainstorm and develop strategies and content, to prepare and present talks at events, conferences, and meetups, and to directly engage technical audiences across a variety of outlets to support awareness of and interest in Tonic.ai.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the conversation around quality data for development and testing, data privacy in the software development lifecycle, and data synthesis advancements and best practices, in the developer community, building relationships, and increasing awareness of our technology;
- Create engaging, useful content, including technical talks, blog posts, demos, tutorials, and videos, to inform and offer value to developers and devops professionals.
- Develop and deliver presentations, workshops, and demos at in-person and digital events, including conferences and meetups;
- Establish relationships with thought-leading engineers, and engage in speaking opportunities via podcasts, webinars, and in-person events;
- Engage with the community via online forums and social media, including management of owned outlets like Discord;
- Connect with our customers to learn and share their stories by way of written or webinar case studies;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Management and Engineering to share feedback and learnings from the community to drive product improvements, and to develop and execute developer-focused initiatives;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices, and share timely content with the broader team;
- Contribute to relevant open source projects, foundations, and organizations to give Tonic.ai visibility and share our experience and insights to developments in our interest areas.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience as a developer;
- 1+ years of experience as a developer evangelist or advocate, creating technical content and delivering presentations and workshops;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex technology concepts into intuitive, engaging content;
- Meaningful social presence with engaged followers and a fluency in engaging on community forums, including Reddit, Discord, and StackOverflow;
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- A thorough understanding of DevOps, databases, and the SDLC, the challenges that arise at the intersection of these areas, and modern approaches for solving them
- Demonstrated interest in data privacy, developer productivity, and how data synthesis/generative AI can benefit both;
- An appreciation for the complexity of data engineering and how it impacts development, based on personal experience;
- Experience working with software engineering teams at enterprise organizations;
- Interest in developing open source tools or product prototypes, as side projects;
- Video editing skills;
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is a plus but not required.
Why Join Us?
- Ground-floor opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company's growth
- Series B backed by leading investors such as Insight Partners, GGV Capital, and HeavyBit
- Health, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Unlimited time off and flexible work hours
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- One Medical membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Remote-friendly work environment
Who We Are:
Tonic.ai mimics your production databases to create safe, high-quality, synthetic data to be used by your developers in their local environments. Thousands of developers use data generated with Tonic.ai daily to accelerate their CI/CD pipelines in industries as broad-ranging as healthcare, financial services, logistics, education, and e-commerce. Working with customers like eBay, the NHL, and ClassPass, Tonic.ai has quadrupled our business in the past 12 months. We are expanding our team to take us to the next level of growth — join us!
Real. Fake. Data.™