Director of Developer Relations
Zilliz is a fast-growing startup developing the industry’s leading vector database company for enterprise-grade AI. Founded by the engineers behind Milvus, the world’s most popular open-source vector database, the company builds next-generation database technologies to help organizations quickly create AI applications. On a mission to democratize AI, Zilliz is committed to simplifying data management for AI applications and making vector databases accessible to every organization.
As the head of developer relations, you’ll play a critical role in building and maintaining the relationship between software developers and open-source communities. As a passionate advocate of the open-source projects that Zilliz contributes to, you’ll drive awareness, adoption, and engagement through an active community participation strategy.
What you will do:
- Create excellent relationships with open source committers, contributors, software developers, product managers, and designers
- Build and establish our developer relations program and help grow the Milvus and Towhee open-source communities
- Hire and lead a fast-growing team to create developer content, including demos, presentations, learning modules, webinars, and video
- Partner with our product and engineering teams to help build requested and new product features
- Plan and measure the impact of Developer Relations and Community Programs
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of technical experience as a software engineer, developer advocate, developer programs engineer, technical product manager, or equivalent role
- Experience with open-source technologies, big data, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
- Understanding of best practices within developer communities, platforms, groups, and initiatives
- Ability to engage with developers, product managers, designers, and executives
- Experience giving technical presentations, talks, and fireside chats at events and conferences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive compensation (cash + equity)
- Regular bonus and equity refresh opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, and global wellbeing days
- Generous 401(k) and regional retirement plans
- Hybrid work model and remote work opportunities available
Zilliz is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Vector database for enterprise-grade AI