Director, Creator Growth & Engagement
Kickstarter is looking for an experienced Director, Creator Growth & Engagement to lead our global efforts to grow our pipeline of innovative creative projects at scale.
The salary for this role in the United States is $170,000 - 200,000.
About the Role
As Director, Creator Growth & Engagement, you will manage a team of growth strategists developing and executing initiatives that deliver leads and accelerate the success of our global project pipeline. Your team will test various methods to drive project launches, collaborating on project open calls, targeted category IRL events, education programs, and large-scale lead generation partnerships. You will work cross-functionally to align on key opportunities with our Insights and Outreach teams and then develop and execute large-scale initiatives that build our pipeline, partnering with Brand and Lifecycle Marketing to ensure we’re reaching the right customers with the right message. We’re looking for someone to bring both creative thinking and operational skills to drive measurable results.
About the Team
The Creator & Backer Success team focuses our efforts on driving shared success with our community. From their first interaction with Kickstarter to their decision to launch or back a project, we provide a helpful touchpoint. We advise, engage, educate and connect the community to bring creative projects to life through Kickstarter.
In This Role, Listed in Order of Importance, You Will:
- Mentor, manage, and build a high-performing team of growth strategists who are passionate about creators and able to deliver measurable and repeatable results that help us grow our global pipeline of creative projects.
- Develop a global partnership strategy that builds relationships that can be activated to grow our pipeline of projects.
- Develop and execute our IRL event and project open-call strategy to help support large-scale category growth.
- Develop and test campaigns that drive a positive impact against your goals.
- Build team tracking and reporting, sharing insights with key stakeholders internally and using these insights to propose iterations that increase impact.
- Manage vendors, agencies, and partners who help with strategic execution and partnership development.
- Leverage the expertise of our internal experts – Community Support, Brand, Outreach, Lifecycle Marketing, and the Insights teams – to inform your strategies and create feedback loops that continue to inform the work.
- You are an experienced leader and manager with at least 5 years of experience as a team leader, are able to set direction, communicate clear expectations, and mentor staff to reach their full potential.
- You have demonstrated business success by owning the strategy and execution for global, multichannel growth campaigns as a team lead. Your past experience should have been in integrated marketing or lead generation.
- You bring a culture of data to your decision making.
- You thrive on collaboration and can build effective workflows across your teams where they gather input and establish alignment between a large number of stakeholders and projects.
- A deep understanding of marketing & sales funnels, growth levers, and a spirit of experimentation.
- BONUS: Be a creator or entrepreneur yourself.
$170,000 - $200,000 a year
The salary range posted applies to all candidates based in the United States.
What You'll Enjoy
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with one so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page: https://jobs.kickstarter.com/
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
Here to make the world a more creative place. Discover new projects to back—or launch your own. Games