Developer Community Manager
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Building and leading a thriving developer community by providing engagement opportunities, driving discussions and supporting the community’s overall success.
- Develop and implement strategies for engaging with the community and growing the community’s membership.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to understand the community’s needs, and help explore opportunities where the team can contribute to the community’s success.
- Analyze community metrics to advise and optimize community engagement strategies and make data-motivated decisions.
- Lead communication channels for the community, including email, social media, and forums.
- Maintain a positive, collaborative community culture by creating content, coordinating events and initiatives, and supporting the community’s overall mission.
You're probably a match if
- You have proven experience in leading developer-focused online communities.
- Experience in moderating online forums, social media accounts, and email communication channels.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience in data analysis and insights reporting.
- Passionate about building and growing online communities.
About the team
The Ecosystem team are investing in growing an active community of developers and apps partners on our Visual Design Platform. We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Community Manager to work with our Developer Advocate and Ecosystem Product and Engineering teams to lead growth and engagement with our developer ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is passionate about creating and growing online SaaS platform developer communities.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Community Specialist - Alena Godunova, has to say about working in Marketing at Canva -
"Working at Canva means being a part of an international community which is amazing. We learn together, we collaborate, we get inspired by so many great people and stories from around the world."
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $149k to$192k. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Design anything. Publish anywhere.