Platform & Community Intern
37 Angels is a network of investors investing in high potential startups (founded by Angela Lee, Professor at Columbia Business School). We also offer an investing bootcamp that teaches the art of angel investing. We have 90+ portfolio companies and 100+ investors in our network. If you are interested in any of the roles below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and your reason for interest.
Platform and Community Intern
Applications for the Investment Associate role are currently closed. Applications will open again in Aug 2023.
The Platform and Community Intern will be wearing many hats and will be switching between investment-related activities and community-related activities. They will be helping to manage:
- Our visibility, including but not limited to our web presence and other projects on our roadmap, such as revamping our newsletter and blog launch:
- Manage event newsletter: Each week, we send an event newsletter to our community. The intern is expected to list events forwarded to them as well as stay abreast of events in NYC (through a list of sources we would provide).
- Manage Linked In account: The intern is expected to send LI posts 1-2 times a week and share content from our partners
- The engagement of several distinct yet interconnected groups and communities (Member Angels, Portfolio Founders, syndication partners, among others), through virtual and in-person events.
- Tools, resources, and processes that guide these groups and communities, including community building, portfolio management tools, productivity management tools, Member Portal and Resources, surveys, intake forms, and more.
Other: Our expectation is a 3-5 hrs/wk role, though this could change over time. Ideally, this person is familiar with the NY startup ecosystem (although this is not necessary).
Benefits to you:
- Participate in our investing bootcamp – a $4500 value where you’ll learn to source companies, conduct diligence, value companies, negotiate a terms sheet, and much more
- Be rapidly immersed in the NY start-up scene. You'll be able to connect with hundreds of entrepreneurs and investors.
- Enjoy the privilege of an exclusive view into a dynamic community of innovators
- Help contribute to closing the gender gap in the startup ecosystem
Applications for the Investment Associate role are currently closed. Applications will open again in January 2024.
- Startup evaluation: Review applications from Gust and referrals, attend demo days, and conduct pre-screening calls with entrepreneurs
- Point person: Organize the deal screening process - send out calendar invites to pre-screening calls, manage the google doc that keeps us all coordinated, coordinate presentations and presenter logistics the day of the pitches
- Deal sourcing: There is no expectation to source deal flow though ideally, this person is familiar with the NY startup ecosystem
- Organization: We are looking for someone who is organized, responsive, and can help to make our processes even more efficient
- Time commitment: Spend 5-15 hrs/wk to be jointly determined. Ideally, this person would commit for a minimum of 6 months
Benefits to you:
- Education: Participate in our investing bootcamp – a $4500 value where you’ll learn to source companies, conduct diligence, value companies, negotiate a terms sheet, and much more
- Training: Experience the entire investing life cycle from sourcing to investing. We evaluate 2500+ startups a year and invest in 10. Our alum have gone on to work at Greycroft, Dorm Room Fund, Bain Ventures, GGV, High Peaks Ventures, Scout Ventures, Tech Stars, and more!
- NYC startup ecosystem immersion: Be rapidly immersed in the NY start-up scene and get an insider's view into a dynamic community of innovators. Meet hundreds of entrepreneurs and investors.
We are a community of women investors. We also train aspiring angels through a one month angel investing bootcamp