Community Manager - User Groups
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration. The mission of Snowflake Community is to deliver experiences where data professionals can connect, learn, and share while building the future in the Data Cloud
AS A COMMUNITY MANAGER - USER GROUPS AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Develop and implement Snowflake User Groups strategy with a focus on growth globally that will result double the growth of program
- Oversee the day-to-day of the Snowflake User Group Program: supporting new and existing user group chapters, supporting chapter leaders, and driving post event engagement
- Work closely with our most active and enthusiastic community members, The Data Superheroes, to create community-led initiatives and provide support and resources
- Collaborate with teams across Snowflake to create community content, engagement opportunities, product updates and feature requests
- Act as subject matter expert on core community programs, features, and metrics
- Build and exemplify the Snowflake brand voice and tone in all community interactions
- Drive growth in community/user groups membership and activity by identifying trends, opportunities, and gaps through measurement, monitoring, and comprehensive reporting on community metrics and KPI’s
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience building and growing online and offline communities
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of in-person/virtual user groups and community events
- Demonstrated experience driving user engagement, retention, and acquisition with strong communication skills, attention to detail and ability to lead multiple projects and tasks
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and developing community guidelines and best practices
- Great understanding of community metrics and KPI’s, and experience building reports that deliver community insights and recommendations on strategies to achieve marketing goals
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, media studies, business, and/or related fields
- Technical knowledge of Snowflake products and features is a plus
- Candidate must be able to spend three days a week working from our San Mateo office
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $113,000 - $152,200.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake delivers the Data Cloud — mobilize your data with near-unlimited scale and performance.