Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
This role will work hybrid out of our San Fransisco office.
About the role
As our first Community Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving the success of our online customer community. You will be responsible for setting strategy and vision, managing community support, and creating an engaging community, all in order to build trust between our customers and Rippling.
You will build out and manage our online community platform, engage existing members with current and new initiatives, and help drive the adoption and retention of Rippling. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
What you will do
- Select, configure, implement and maintain a commercial software system for customer communities
- Set, plan, and implement community campaigns and strategies
- Establish relationships within the community to identify and recruit early customer contributors as brand ambassadors
- Develop programs to attract participants from across the Rippling customer base, and drive continuous engagement
- Moderate the community
- Adapt the structure of the platform to meet the evolving needs of the user base
- Escalate customer issues from the community to Rippling's support, Product and Engineering teams, as appropriate
- Identify overachiever participants and ensure their voices are heard within Rippling
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Engage cross-functional teams to bring new information to your strategies and expand the reach of community impact
What you will need
- 5+ years of experience with managing and moderating both online and offline communities
- Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Results-driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Passion for digital community and community building proactive mindset
- You love to create experience and care deeply about Rippling and its brand
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
The pay range for this role is:
120,000 - 174,000 USD per year (San Francisco Office)
We make it unbelievably easy to manage HR, IT, and Finance.