Events and Community Marketing Manager
We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures, Accel and Y-Combinator. We create AI and ML-powered software for the finance and lending industries, focused on repayment and debt recovery. We work to improve conversations between call center agents and customers and provide actionable insights. Our products use AI to create next-generation speech analytics that support real-time agent guidance, automated notes after conversations, and call analysis for quality assurance and compliance.
The team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low value manual workflows, and poor customer experience- our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.
We’re looking for a high energy experienced events marketing manager to lead and execute our conference and community efforts. You’ll create engaging and memorable events to attract new customers and generate qualified leads and begin to build our community of customers. You’ll play an instrumental role of shaping our events and community marketing strategy and executing the plan. You’ll be an essential part of a tight-knit integrated marketing team.
This role reports to our Head of Marketing.
What You’ll Be Doing
Event Planning & Management
- Strategize, plan, and execute events specifically targeted at conferences, trade shows, and industry-specific gatherings
- Own the full trade show and event calendar, ensuring shows align to company goals
- Handle logistics related to venue coordination, tech setup, booth setup, promotional materials, membership, and post-event feedback loops
- Plan and execute high impact side events (eg. happy hours, dinners) to build meaningful relationships
- Assist with the planning and execution of additional customer and internal events, from customer dinners to quarterly sales business reviews (an invigorating blend of training, relaxation, and fun)
- Connect with customers to build relationships, seek feedback and nurture relationships
- Work closely with Customer Success to strengthen relationships and capture testimonials
Content Strategy for Events
- Partner with conference organizers and influencers to enhance our presence, secure speaking opportunities and engage our community
Analytics & Reporting
- Analyze and share metrics to drive high quality leads from the events
- Use data-driven insights to inform future event and community strategies
- Engage with internal teams to ensure events cater to sales and product needs and all information is communicated clearly and succinctly
- Build and maintain relationships with industry leaders, conference organizers, associations, and partner vendors for collaborative events
- Work collaboratively across functions to build our company culture and support internal needs (eg. business cards, employee swag, etc)
Who are you?
- 3+ years of experience in event planning and community management, preferably within the tech or SaaS space.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills — people give you energy
- Desire and drive to own projects start to finish, including the results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to travel (25% of the time)
- Be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds at times
What You’ll Love
- High growth start-up, fast-paced making a difference
- Build and own event marketing and make it amazing
- Work from home
- Your choice of Mac or PC
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- 401k plan (new!)
I make consumer finance conversations easier.