Lead Engineer, Developer Relations
We are rapidly growing our engineering force and are looking for a dynamic and experienced Lead Developer Advocate to help us succeed at scale. To build and implement Developer Relations (DR) to make the LEGO Group the best place to work for software developers!
Working in LEGO® Developer Experience & Cloud Foundation is a hugely exciting experience and a fantastic opportunity to work with groundbreaking technology in a diverse and upbeat engineering team. We are passionate about delivering our vision of a modern Digital Technology Organization.
This role is important for our success as the main interface between our digital product teams and our technology capabilities. You will facilitate the understanding of how our technologies can be used to solve a wide variety of business challenges in the products. Your work will involve driving the roadmaps and crafting the direction of Developer Relations at the LEGO Group, build and lead community programs, facilitate workshops and hackathons, evaluate developer sentiment, and deliver feedback to internal teams.
- Build and handle positive relationships with our developers and tech community.
- Facilitate understanding of our technology's potential and how it can support business.
- Provide feedback to internal product teams from the perspective of our developers to improve our technology.
- Lead and mentor engineers in and outside own team construct.
- Be the primary link between product teams and technology capabilities, helping them understand and efficiently apply our technology.
Play your part in our team succeeding.
The larger Developer Experience and Cloud Enablement area, providing foundational capabilities for our product teams using or migrating to cloud. We are guides in Cloud & Containerization in the organization. That is why we are the ones that help product teams embrace Cloud and assist them with creation of a DevSecOps experience.
We are a new team and supports hundreds of digital product teams today and you will be part of establishing the foundation of the team bring mentorship and guardrails for how we build the next generation of digital LEGO services in Cloud.
The team is based at our new Digital Office in Copenhagen. The work environment is exciting, inspiring, flexible, and we like to have fun along the way!
Do you have what it takes?
We are seeking a candidate with strong seniority from a lead role also with solid experience in developer relations, software development, or a similar role.
Shoved experience of operating and developing infrastructure and services in cloud native environments (AWS, Azure or GCP). Solid grasp of the newest technologies and ability to align them with business needs.
To succeed in this role, you preferably have competence within the following:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering.
- Experience in articulating value and outcomes.
- Passion for, and ability to, lead both people and technology.
- Experience with SCRUM, agile methodologies, and prototyping techniques.
- Excellent in presentation and communication.
Advanced English both written and verbally are needed since we are an international gathered team.
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
- Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
- Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
- Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
- Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Our mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.