At Bettermode, we are redefining how businesses streamline the customer experience and foster strong relationships. We build software that lets anyone seamlessly craft digital communities and shape them around their unique needs. Backed by Silicon Valley investors and trusted by customers such as Hubspot, IBM, Viewsonic and Ford, we're excited to be growing our team so that we can continue building tools that connect millions of end-users daily.
About this role
As the first Account Manager on our team, you will have a unique contribution to Bettermode's growth. An important part of your role will be becoming well-versed in the community space and the various functionalities of our platform, so that you can engage in a consultative conversation with our existing customers about the impact that a community can have on their business growth. Reporting to our Head of Revenue and working alongside our Account Executives and Community Success Managers, you'll receive support from our closely knit team and the coaching you need to be able to consult potential customers on the ROI of community with the ultimate goal of securing their future business and expanding their usage of our platform across multiple business units within their organization. Being an early joiner on our team, you'll also have the opportunity to give feedback on our go-to-market processes and operations as we grow.
As our Account Manager, you will:
- Client Revenue Growth: Drive client retention and renewals by demonstrating the ongoing value of Bettermode and identify expansion opportunities within existing accounts and develop strategies to upsell additional features or add-ons.
- Renewal Management: Own the renewal process, ensuring timely contract renewals and minimizing churn risks by showcasing continuous value of Bettermode through addressing any concerns or objections related to renewal decisions.
- Client Relationships: Cultivate strong relationships with clients to understand their business objectives and align them with Bettermode's capabilities. Leverage insights gained to position Bettermode as a revenue-generating and/or cost saving platform.
- Strategic Account Planning: Collaborate internally with our Community Success team and externally with clients on strategic plans to expand the usage of Bettermode across the client's organization. Regularly assess progress and adjust strategies to maximize revenue outcomes.
- Upselling and Cross-Selling Initiatives: Proactively identify opportunities to expand the adoption of Bettermode within client organizations.
- Success Metrics Tracking: Monitor key community performance indicators tied to client ROI and/or business objectives, providing clients with quarterly reports to mitigate the potential for churn and set up successful renewal conversations.
- 4+ years of quota carrying experience as an AE or AM, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Experience using a CRM such as Salesforce.
- Proven consultative sales and account management skills and a track record of meeting or exceeding quota.
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity while managing multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and driven attitude where you will work towards achieving new goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly coachable, eager to learn and grow.
- Must be able to primarily work within EST hours.
At Bettermode, you’ll be at the forefront of changing how businesses and owners foster community with their customers. All our team members have ownership; they are given the autonomy to have a strategic impact on how we scale. To enable our team, we offer competitive salaries, extensive health benefits, vacations, flexible schedules, home office stipends, and other work policies built to make a global team thrive. As we continue to grow with customers and team members across the world, we are committed to cultivating an environment where everyone’s unique perspectives are heard and valued. The diversity of our team will enable us to build the most inclusive product and workplace possible. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and life experiences.
An all-in-one community engagement platform designed to help businesses build better customer relationships.