Dovetail is the world’s leading customer insights hub, helping thousands of teams build better products. From user feedback and customer interviews to support tickets and sales calls, Dovetail helps you uncover insights fast—no matter the method. Driven by ambition and innovation, the Dovetail team is customer-obsessed and on a mission to help the world improve the quality of every thing. Join the ranks of Atlassian, The New York Times, Spotify, Universal, Porsche, Starbucks, and thousands more as they put their customer first with Dovetail and improve the quality of their thing.
Founded in 2017 by Benjamin Humphrey and Bradley Ayers, Dovetail has 100+ employees across offices in Sydney and San Francisco. We've created a unique environment to help us achieve our challenging mission. A culture that aspires to excellence, where nothing is too small to be improved.
At Dovetail, we are lucky to build products for a passionate community of product researchers, designers, and product managers. We want to take our emerging community to the next level and seize the opportunity to connect with our users at scale. We believe that community will be a pillar of our PLG strategy and our values.
As Community Lead, you will lead our efforts to build an engaged and meaningful community for our users. You’ll work closely with product, marketing, and success to build programs, experiences, and events to delight and engage our community. If you’re excited about crafting a community from zero to one, love the craft of research, and proving out business impact, this role is for you.
What you'll do
- Define our approach for engaging with the community. Build a strategy for how we will bring value to our audience and define the initiatives needed to achieve that value. Lead those initiatives across different channels and focus areas including product, practice, and craft. These could include starting a community-led meetup program, discussion forum, webinars, roundtable discussions, engaging with our Slack community — there are so many opportunities for us to elevate our strategic approach!
- Define what success looks like for our community. Set measurable goals for initiatives that ladder up to our business goals. Communicate the impact of community initiatives to stakeholders and the broader team. Test and refine initiatives, experiment with different approaches to determine which audiences, channels, and activities deliver the best results.
- Know what makes our customers tick. Build a deep understanding or our community. Know what roles they have, what motivates them, what keeps them up at night, what interests them, and where they hang out to learn from their peers. Develop trust by learning how to speak their language and understanding the cutting edge topics in customer research. Understand how these factors vary based on different customer segments and verticals.
- Build awareness of community initiatives. Consider how we make relevant audiences aware of the different initiatives and activities we are product. Make it crystal clear why it’s valuable to be part of our community for both existing members and prospects.
- Participate in other communities. We want to drive brand awareness in relevant communities, as well as been known a company who cares about what our audiences care about. Drive sponsorship and participation in conferences and events, influencers, podcasts, and other content.
- Partner cross-functionally. Drive community members to engage with other parts of Dovetail, including signing up to newsletters, follow on social media, trying out templates, etc. Ensure that our materials align across product, success, and education. Work closely with product teams to understand how community feedback can assist in product research and development.
- Experience in building and leading communities. You have a proven track record in driving business impact through community. This includes understanding an audience, their needs and motivations, and delivering value through engaging and delightful experience. You have experiencing driving various community initiatives, such as in-person and virtual events, and content creation.
- Creative thinker. We want to create experiences that will wow our community, and differentiate us from other companies. You’re not afraid to come up with ideas and try new ways of engaging an audience.
- Excellent communication and organization skills. You’re able to clearly and concisely communicate to external audiences regarding upcoming events, advertising the value they’d receive by participating. You’re able to manage communications through various channels in a timely manner.
- Pragmatism. You'll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems, and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our careers page for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 20 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference. We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Health is wealth. We’ve got you covered for 100% of the premium plans across medical, dental and vision. We also believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support. So every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.
Powering continuous research at 1000s of organizations like Atlassian, Canva, Deloitte, Shopify, Porsche, and Starbucks.