Head of Developer Experience
As Head of Developer Experience, you will own the mission to generate excitement and love for Convex by leading the overall strategy to build a best-in-class developer experience (aka DX). At Convex, DX plays a key role in defining how the product will evolve and our current team has a blend of responsibilities spanning marketing, customer success, and product. This is an extraordinary career opportunity to shape Convex’s DX team into one of the best in the industry over the next few years. You will have a direct influence on company strategy while also playing a hands-on role in day-to-day user engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Create and own the overall DX strategy, which includes leading a growing team as we continue to establish Convex as a leader in developer experience
- Establish a set of strategic developer programs and channels and promote channels for the community to engage, try our products, and provide feedback all while building a following of dedicated Convex fans
- Drive content/marketing strategy in the form of video, blog posts, podcasts, technical tutorials, and assets for social media programs to raise awareness of Convex in the developer community
- Identify other opportunities to reach more developers (via speaking opportunities, conference sponsorships, hackathons, virtual events, Meetups, etc.)
- Design, develop, and implement the core metrics we’ll use to gauge our success in community growth and engagement
- Serve as a thought leader to help execute a product-led growth strategy to gain more adoption of Convex
Who you are:
- You are passionate about empowering developers in the web ecosystem and you can get behind the mission to fundamentally change how software is built on the Internet.
- You have built teams and led strategies encompassing developer experience, developer relations, or developer evangelism (preferably in a fast-paced, rapidly moving startup)
- You have experience guiding and growing a technical community where you were a key factor in driving measurable positive outcomes in a product-led growth GTM strategy
- You are a (or an aspiring) thought leader in the web application development community
- You understand what it takes to drive adoption and engagement of developer tools/platforms
- You thrive in the intersection between strategy, tactics, and execution.
- A strong plus if you have a technical background with some experience writing code and building web/mobile applications (professionally or as a hobby)
The TypeScript-native backend application platform. Today's special: amazing full-stack apps shipped fast.