Tech Evangelist / Community Lead
About the Role
Pictorus is looking for a Technology Evangelist to help grow and cultivate our user community. If you love to work with new tech, love to build gadgets yourself, and love helping others do the same, this role is for you. An ideal candidate is actively involved in open-source software or hardware communities, particularly as a lead, but anyone with experience promoting technology and working closely with technical users is encouraged to apply.
- Work directly with CEO and CTO to build a coherent community strategy for nurturing a robust, passionate user base.
- Active involvement in the DIY community, determining the best strategy for spreading the word at events and conferences.
- Help generate "How To" marketing content to promote the capabilities of the product.
- Stand up and oversee forums, chat-ops, and documentation to improve self-serve capabilities.
- Work directly with early adopters to troubleshoot issues and come up with creative solutions.
- Gather feedback from users to help decide future direction of the product.
About The Team
Pictorus is a software startup based in Oakland, California. People say "hardware is hard," but it's often the software interface that makes working with devices so challenging. This is the problem, faced by hardware developers all over the world, that we are out to solve. We’ve been building robotic/vehicle software for over 20 years combined - for NASA, the DoD, and drone startups Saildrone, DroneDeploy, and Matternet.
We want to make this technology approachable to everyone passionate about electronics, whether professionally, for personal projects, or university research. It shouldn’t require a PhD or decades of software engineering experience to program powerful device software.
We love building real things, and we love coding them. Our office is in uptown Oakland, easily BARTable, and we enjoy a hybrid work/life balance that encourages both take-home days and onsite collaboration days. We love to grab a beer after work, BBQ on Fridays, and get into nature on the weekends. We offer unlimited PTO, and expect you to enjoy your nights, weekends, and encourage healthy vacations throughout the year.
No jerks need apply - our work culture encourages humility and collaboration over heroes and egos.
Writing software for hardware is way too hard. We're fixing that.