Director, Customer and Community Marketing
The Director of Customer and Community Marketing will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing Drata’s customer marketing strategies, driving customer engagement, and fostering customer trust and advocacy. This role will build the Customer Marketing team and be customer centric and focused on creating educated, happy, loyal customers.
This individual will flex between driving content strategy, creating a strong customer voice, and understanding how to build and drive strong community engagement among our customers, prospects and more.You have the vision of where we need to go, and you have the background and expertise to get us there. You’ll provide strategic oversight, but are able to put any ego aside and get in the ‘weeds’ with the team to support and execute on key initiatives that drive Drata forward.
This role will report directly to the CMO and will work closely with marketing, customer success, and sales functions.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement customer lifecycle programs and campaigns that maximize customer onboarding, drive product usage and satisfaction, nurture customer loyalty, and establish referral programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment in strategies that drive expansion, adoption, and renewal goals.
- Create and deliver the customer communications strategy inclusive of quarterly launch webinars, newsletters, and in app communications.
- Collaborate on the product launch process to deliver experiences that excite customers on new innovations and drive adoption, retention, and renewal goals
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify customer needs, preferences, and trends, and integrate insights into marketing campaigns and programs.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the effectiveness and impact of customer marketing programs, and provide regular reports and insights
- Build and manage a customer advisory board program to foster relationships with executives and product champions across segments
- Curate a customer community for governance, risk, and compliance professionals that blends online community with regional expert groups
- Create a network of CISO's that help inform and influence the strategic direction of GRC as part of a larger security strategy
- Build a program that allows Drata to capture customer stories, drive customer loyalty, and increase advocacy with key influencers and advocates
- Partner within the Marketing team to develop a customer-centric messaging, content, and collateral across various channels and touchpoints.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in B2B Customer Marketing, Account Management, or Demand Generation
- Depth and breadth of understanding in the areas of customer marketing, customer retention and personalized messaging
- Ability to draw out insights and make data driven decisions with test & learn approach
- Strong understanding of analytics, statistics and forecasting with hands on experience in web and customer analytics including analysis to optimize marketing campaigns, channels and/or customer journeys
- Technical knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including MarTech, AdTech, and Customer Engagement Platforms
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions
- Demonstrated success in leading a team - we want to hear about how people you’ve mentored and managed have succeeded
- Proven results in a SaaS startup environment preferred; ability to work cross-functionally and understand the important of execution within Marketing (PR, Demand Gen, Product Marketing) and beyond (Customer Success, Product, Sales)
- The ability to move very fast, and coach a team to do the same
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $191,250 - $236,250
Tier 2: $172,125 - $212,625
Tier 3: $153,000 - $189,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Drata is the smartest way to achieve continuous framework compliance for SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR, and many more.