Beta Community Manager
There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Hatch is looking for a Beta Community Lead to join our growing product and design organization. As the wellness category expands beyond diet and fitness, sleep has never been more culturally necessary and needed. The right candidate will understand how to find and engage a diverse mix of Hatch customers who will inform and co-create our product offerings.
Until now, Hatch has engaged with customers through traditional research methods (interviews, focus groups, surveys). We already have passionate customers, with support from parents who can’t stop talking about our kids products, including some really famous faces. As we work to build customer love, expand further into the grown-up sleep category, and develop new-to-the-world experiences, a thriving community will be a key contributor to the company’s success.
We are also in the midst of evolving expectations between customers and brands, and we’re looking for a personable and deeply curious person to help us maintain a candid pulse between us and our members.
The right candidate understands that community is the beating heart of a brand and will craft a strategy to both serve the company’s top initiatives and advocate for the health of the community.
It's rare to be able to both build and lead a category at the same time. Come join us as we continue to grow in a market worth over $30B in the US alone.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
You will examine our current approach to connecting with customers (research, customer support, social media, etc.) in order to articulate the full opportunity for Hatch to build two-way, long-term relationships with them. You will find best in class examples, and get feedback from early concepts for how we might bring our own unique community to life. You will define a strategic plan for how best to create an engaging customer community.
Within 6 Months:
You will begin to put your strategic plan in action by handbuilding and scaling a community of highly engaged customers (parents and adults) to inform and inspire product, marketing and content teams. You will recommend a preferred platform in order to build an engine for continuous learning from this community and develop bespoke ways to activate their passion for Hatch. In partnership with the Director of Research, you will develop an approach to co-create with our community for new-to-the-world product development.
After 1 Year:
You will have successfully built an authentic, sustainable and regenerative community of Hatch customers who have a meaningful connection to the Hatch brand. You will have had a few impactful collaborations with the community under your belt and have informed several new product features. You will continue to develop efficiencies to optimize the platform and drive customer-centric inspiration within the organization.
What You’ll Bring
- You bring 5+ years of experience in community design, community management or product beta management.
- You know how to attract and build an authentic customer community
- You have a track record for supporting top priority business initiatives with community platforms
- You have an eye for what makes a good community member and know how to engage many of them at scale.
- You’re scrappy and can build and incentivize a community from scratch with startup resources
- You're risk-tolerant and learn by experimenting. You're not precious and move quickly.
- You know how to spot good insights from the community and how to bring in the right cross-functional partners across product and marketing teams.
- You’re a natural connector and able to creatively connect the dots
- You’re a community evangelist and able to democratize the community platform for internal stakeholders
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 12 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
You deserve to prioritize your rest. We can help with a personalized sleep routine.